Valentine’s Day connotes romantic love and visions of candlelit dinners with a significant other, yet, there is so much more to celebrating love on this special day.
While singletons often dread Valentine’s Day and naysayers call it a commercialized holiday that dictates when and how to love, it is a great day to acknowledge whomever you love, however you choose and needn’t stop there. Take this day to love yourself, which is where love begins.
One way to love yourself is with esteem building acts. Done daily you will feel confident and sexy in no time, whether there is a romantic interest in your life to share this day with or not. We build self-esteem with small tasks that give us a sense of value and accomplishment. It can start by simply taking your vitamins regularly in an effort to follow through on your health goals.
Ironically, taking care of yourself enables you to better love those around you. Without practicing self-care, you may be frazzled and short-tempered which can undermine even the most loving intention. When you do take care of yourself, you will be more complete and can come to other’s aid from a more giving place.
With flowers and sweets epitomizing this special day as far back as 18th century England, what better way to love yourself than with a skincare routine laced with natural sugars, plus flower oils and extracts? Be your own personal valentine and you are sure to love the skin you are in.
The Power of Flowers
Don’t wait to receive flowers from an admirer! Give yourself roses, the flower most emblematic of love, by enveloping your senses with French Rose in the Pevonia® RS2 line, Dry Skin Cleanser, Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser, Sensitive Skin Lotion, Reactive Skin Cream and Phyto-Aromatic Mist.
Not a fan of roses? Jonquil in Pevonia’s Power Repair® Hydrating Cleanser, Hydrating Toner, Intensifier Collagen & Myoxy-Caviar® and Marine Collagen Cream, and gardenia in the Refining Marine D.N.A. Cream and Intensifier DNA & Diacetyl Boldine are sure to delight and will last much longer than a bouquet.
Exotic jasmine in Pevonia’s Firming Marine Elastin Cream and Intensifier – Elastin & Sorghum is known to have aphrodisiac powers. Lavender, “the herb of love” is also reported to boost the romance factor and is found in Pevonia’s Dry Skin Lotion, Soothing Propolis Concentrate, Men’s Line, Anti-Stress Bath & Shower Gel and Dry Oil Body Moisturizer. These, plus de-stressing chamomile and calendula, also naturally perfume many Pevonia products and can relax and prepare you for affection.
Sweets for the Sweet
No Valentine’s Day is complete without sweets. Go ahead and buy yourself a small box of chocolates and savor it. You don’t need someone else to give them to you! But, if weight gain or guilt affect your self-esteem, indulge in nature’s sweets instead.
Choose an exotic piece of organic fruit you wouldn’t normally buy or try Pevonia skincare infused with natural fruit extracts and sugars that are associated with love and good for your skin, unlike the aging refined sugars found in candy:
- Pevonia’s Rejuvenating Dry Skin Cream contains honey and pear fruit extract while the Lumafirm® Eye Contour – Lift & Glow boasts juicy watermelon and apple fruit extracts.
- Inhale the sweet aromas of papaya and pineapple enzymes and extracts found in the good-for-you Enzymo-Sphérides® Peeling Cream and De-Aging Saltmousse – Papaya-Pineapple.
- Strawberry in the SpaTeen® All Skin Types Line and pomegranate in the De-Aging Body Balm – Papaya-Pineapple and are two fruits that embody love.
- As oranges represent love in many eras and cultures and orange blossoms are a common wedding adornment, feel the love of orange fruit extract found in Pevonia’s “C” Complexe with Oxyzomes and Multi-Active Foot Cream.
- Apple extract, another fruit symbolic of love, is in the Stem Cells Phyto-Elite® Multi-Active Foaming Cleanser and tops it all off with the YouthRenew™ Tinted Cream SPF 30.
- Lastly, sugar beet-derived hyaluronic acid, sorbitol from peaches, plums and pears and additional saccharides are found in multiple Pevonia products.
What better way to get your sweets? Shunning refined sugar in favor of these natural, healthy choices will beautify your skin. Plus, acknowledging that you are giving your skin a treat is a surefire self-esteem booster to enhance loving feelings towards yourself.
Hydrate + Treat
Get your face and body ready for when you do meet that special someone. Book a facial or body wrap with a Pevonia provider near you for more of this self-love.
For an added romance boost, enjoy ylang ylang in the Aromatherapy Facial, strawberry in the Strawberry Hydraboost In-Spa Treatment, jasmine in the Luminous & Firm Skin Facial or vanilla infused Tropicale De-Aging Body Wraps.
Lastly, go ahead and shave your legs and slather on Pevonia’s De-Aging Body Balm – Papaya-Pineapple, Lumafirm® Body Moisturizer – Firm & Glow, Smooth & Tone Body Svelt Cream or brand new Stem Cells Phyto-Elite® Body Corrector. Even if no one will see your legs ‘til Spring – you’ll know. Do it for yourself!