Interested in a cheat-sheet that contains the ultimate lifestyle solutions to combat dry skin? By following a few simple rules, dry skin symptoms can easily be controlled.
- To start, use gentle skin care products that refrain from sulfates, alcohol, artificial perfumes and dyes.
- Drink plenty of water and eat water-rich fruits and vegetables like melons, celery and cucumber to encourage skin to stay hydrated.
- Consume foods rich in healthy fats and oils such as nuts, seeds, avocados, olive oil, omega-3 fatty acids found in oily fish (salmon, anchovies, etc.), plus flax seeds which help retain moisture. Some sources indicate that consuming foods high in lipoic acid, fiber and green leafy vegetables can help dry skin as well.
- Keep the use of heaters and air conditioners to a minimum when possible, also consider using a humidifier.
- Do not go to bed with makeup on or without cleansing the skin and never skip moisturizer.
- Schedule regular facials to invigorate the skin and infuse it with needed oils.